So, as I was debating with someone over the weekend, a preferred hobby of mine, I was most surprised to see that one blogger by the name of Martina Newhook had mentioned me as an ‘Inspiring Blogger.’ When I thanked her for her kind words, she told me that the tagline of this blog, “Journalistic opinions from a man who lives to question reality,” was a coda that everyone should live by. I won’t lie, I actually started to tear up.
So, the only decent thing to do now is to pay it forward and recommend some inspiring bloggers to the rest of you in turn and encourage you all to do the same. I’m inspired by a number of things – poetry, civil debate, life stories, comedy and more – and I hope you’ll all find something that connects with you.
The Rules of the Award
1.) Display the award logo on your blog (it’s that fancy looking picture at the top of this post).
2.) Link back to the person who nominated you (I also nominated her because she does inspiring work herself).
3.) State 7 things about yourself (nothing fancy, just make small talk with your readers so we can learn about you).
4.) Nominate 15 bloggers for this award (this would be the ‘award’ part of the award).
5.) Notify those bloggers of the nomination by linking to one of their specific posts so that they get notified by ping back (the nomination does them no good if they don’t know about it).
There is no obligation for any of the bloggers I list below to accept the award or pass it on.
7 Things About Me
1) One of my dreams is to travel abroad and experience the world. In particular, I’d like to see Denmark, Norway, and Japan.
2) My father is a biker, but I cannot share in his hobby because I don’t trust any motor vehicle with two wheels or less. As such, I want to build a trike from scratch so I can join him in his dream of road tripping to the Sturgis Rally.
3) I was hospitalized at 5 years old due to fatigue and weakness. The doctors had difficulty diagnosing my condition with blood tests. It was later discovered to be a mutated strain of Mononucleosis. This revelation came just as I sprang back from it. Since then, I have boasted rarely falling ill and claiming that this is due to Mono preparing me at an early age and training my immune system to be the microbiological equivalent of a German GSG9 unit.
4) I was inspired to enter the field of editorial journalism by one Bob ‘MovieBob’ Chipman whose ‘The Big Picture’ feature on The Escapist was the basis for my love of the form. I had the honor of meeting Mr. Chipman in person at my childhood hangout – The American Classic Arcade Museum/Funspot in Meredith, NH – a few months ago when I bought his book ‘Super Mario Bros. 3: Brick By Brick.’
5) I am very sensitive to sound and frequently experience synesthesia-like episodes of ‘feeling’ sound. This is a double-edged sword. On one hand, certain kinds of music become more soothing as my body lightens or energizing as I feel the pounding bass run like hot water through my veins. On the other, the scream of a drama club actress that doubled me over and blurred my vision – my moment of discovery of this condition – will haunt me forever. It was like getting hit in the head with the hammer of Thor.
6) My preferred dining experiences are as follows:
– Favorite meal: peppercorn steak; medium rare with a Sriracha drizzle and a side of steamed broccoli with cheddar jack cheese.
– Favorite dessert: tiramisu and a cup of coffee
– Favorite non-alcoholic drink: mint tea
– Favorite alcoholic drink: Green Lantern (ginger ale, Midori, and absinthe over ice)
– Favorite restaurant: The Holy Grail in Epping, NH
7) My most prized possession is a display sword that I found destroyed in a dumpster (presumably, the previous owner had been tying to use it as a functional piece) that I redesigned and refurbished myself with my father. The design is a blend of Chinese jian and English hand-and-a-half sword. It sports a white oak handle with a metallic green enamel finish and a swede faux-leather wrap that ends in a braid with three small bells. I have dubbed it ‘Freedom Bell’.
Fifteen Blogs (In No Particular Order)
Brad A Schenck
empower WOMEN unite
The truth. The whole truth. Nothing but the truth.
Sharon E. Reed
The Eternal Loop
Aria E. Appleford
The Sparkling Butterfly
Good Time Stories